Developed by the International Chamber of Commerce, Incoterms are recognized worldwide as international ‘shipping terms of sale,’ providing importers and exporters with a set of standard rules for deciding where costs and risks will transfer between the parties in international shipping.
Despite being in use since 1936, many importers and exporters do not use Incoterms, or use them inappropriately, increasing the likelihood of disagreement over costs, and increased liability. A recent survey of Canadian organizations revealed that 87% of companies selecting an Incoterm for containerized shipments were selecting the wrong term. And an earlier study involving 1,000 international freight forwarders showed that almost 50% of forwarders were using Incoterms inappropriately when shipping goods in ocean containers.
This webinar examines the merits of each of the eleven terms in Incoterms 2010, including the transfer points for cost (i.e. freight, insurance and customs formalities), and risk. We also review the appropriate use of Incoterms for various modes of transport, including containerized marine shipments, and the point where cargo insurance should be considered.
By viewing this webinar, you'll gain:
- Improved knowledge of the risks associated with international trade
- Awareness of the benefits associated with using Incoterms for international shipping
- Better understanding of which Incoterms are most appropriate for different modes of transport
- Knowledge of who pays for what costs associated with each Incoterm
- The ability to identify the point where cargo insurance should be considered
- Peace of mind knowing you’ve protected your company’s interests, and your own!
How to Register for this Webinar:
- If you do not yet have a CITT account, click here to create an account. If you already have an account, you'll need to be logged in. If you aren't already logged in, please use the "Sign In" fields to the right. If you've forgotten your login information, you can click here to retrieve your username or reset your password here.
- Once you're logged in, click on the green Register Myself button
- Click the green Proceed to Checkout button
If you need any help registering, please contact Marysa at firstname.lastname@example.org.